Over 40 Years in Employment Law
Ezer Williamson and its attorneys have 40 years of experience across the broad spectrum of California and federal labor and employment issues. Our attorneys have advised employers ranging from small mom and pop businesses and start-ups to Fortune 100 companies, on issues ranging from employee handbooks and managing problem employees to disability accommodation; pregnancy and medical leaves; large layoffs; employment law issues related to the sale or acquisition of businesses; and union organizing, collective bargaining, and other issues arising under the National Labor Relations Act, commonly known as the NLRA. Ezer Williamson also defends employers in state and federal litigation.
Employment Litigation and Arbitration
Ezer Williamson and its attorneys have represented employers in virtually every type of employment litigation and administrative proceedings.
- Wage and hour class actions in both state and federal courts
- Labor Code Private Attorneys General Act (“PAGA”) claims
- Employment discrimination, including racial, sex and age discrimination, and wrongful discharge litigation
- Unfair competition and misappropriation of trade secrets
- Wage Claims before the State Labor Commissioner
- Labor Code section 132a claims before the Workers’ Compensation Appeals Board
- Investigations of alleged discrimination, conducted by the state Department of Fair Employment and Housing (“DFEH”) and Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (“EEOC”)
Ezer Williamson understands the risks and expense that employers are subject to when they are sued by current or former employees. Ezer Williamson works with employers to develop strategies to achieve expeditious and cost-effective outcomes while minimizing the risks inherent in such litigation.
Labor and Employment Advice
Ezer Williamson Law and its attorneys work with employers on a wide range of issues, including:
- Personnel issues, including discipline and discharge
- Employee handbooks and personnel policies
- Compliance with NLRA requirements applicable to both union and nonunion employers
- Reasonable accommodation issues under state and federal disability discrimination laws
- Compliance with state and federal family and medical leave requirements
- WARN Act issues arising in connection with layoffs, including business sales and acquisitions
Ezer Williamson Law works with employers to minimize the risk of litigation, both by establishing legally compliant policies and procedures and by working closely with employers in managing difficult personnel matters, to best position employers to defend themselves in the event of litigation following adverse personnel action.
If you are in need of labor and employment advice or representation, please contact us to schedule a call or a meeting.